Promoting better buildings through improved envelope and duct tightness
- To lobby governments and regulatory authorities for scientifically-based government policy, standards, grants and incentives.
- To promote the use of performance-based criteria & measurement in the calculations of energy efficiency rating schemes and other regulatory building requirements.
- To introduce scientifically-based “accredited” training, certification and registration of air infiltration and ventilation professionals.
- To establish acceptable standards for calibration and registration of test equipment.
- To establish documented procedures covering appropriate conduct for testing and retrofitting of buildings.